Monday, September 23, 2013

Solitude and my Bipolarity / Soledad y mi Bipolaridad


Solitude and my Bipolarity

Soledad y mi Bipolaridad


“My soul is my friend who consoles me in misery and distress of life. He who does not befriend his soul is an enemy of humanity, and he who does not find human guidance within himself will perish desperately. Life emerges from within, and derives not from environs”. Gibran


Yesterday the assistant of my late mother left to her village. Now I’m all alone in the house. Fortunately I enjoy my company. In fact I have the problem that I find it hard to be with people for long periods of time. Sometimes I can only do it for a few hours and I get the urge to return to my solitude, my colorful cell where, ironically, I find more freedom. Obviously there are exceptions. When you coincide with a great conversationalist time mutates into another dimension. If in addition to being a great conversationalist, is a woman that attracts me physically, time disappears,  does not exist. But that only happens to me occasionally. But it’s okay that does not happen often, so when it does happen is so sublime. However, I have a deep yearning to find that fellow conversationalist that will excite every particle of my soul and cell of my body. Maybe one of these days...

People who have bipolar condition are encouraged to socialize and the reason is clear: in my opinion, the absorption is very dangerous . Needless to say if you're on a bout of depression or mania . The risk of committing an irreparable act grows exponentially. I took that very seriously and I used to go to the gym, to swim and to a Yoga group. Besides improving my physical condition, one produces natural endorphins ( The well being drug ) and you meet interesting people. One can stop being the protagonist of your life or drama, to be just another actor of something much bigger. At the moment I have not the resources to carry this routine I had. But nevertheless TODAY ( tomorrow who knows ) I feel good, I'm not the center of the universe, and I am not overwhelmed by the problems that remain to be resolved (but right now that I'm finishing the corrections of this text, problems are appearing). The only thing that causes me discomfort at this time is to get out and leave the house alone, it gives me some paranoia with the "gentleman" of the house that he might do something nasty (for those not aware, I have legal trouble with the house where I live). So I am in a little dilemma: I managed to sell some things (my house is almost empty), now I have some money to pay a month at the public pool and I think I should go, it makes me much good. But I admit that I'm afraid to leave the house alone . So things are today...

PD . I am among those who think that there are mental disorders than entire societies suffer for historical, cultural, socio-economic, etc.,  reasons. And I feel that Latin Americans suffer much of a condition that is called "passive-aggressive". For example , being poor and Latin American is synonymous with being humble, that is a false syllogism. Humility has nothing to do with poverty. There is so much resentment, envy and evasion to face certain situations that many take a revenge strategy, to boycott in the dark, with a mean and arrogant attitude, instead of being politely assertive and communicate what they feel or think. I will not mention the names of the people around my life out of respect for their privacy and because this blog is primarily aimed at sharing my experiences, my history, my present within my bipolar condition, and also as therapy, as a personal catharsis directed especially to my peers, but open to anyone interested in the subject of mental health and Bipolar Disorder. I mention this so that if a family member, a friend feel particularly alluded to express it directly to me, assertively, so we can discuss the matter in a civilized manner to prevent passive - aggressive attitudes. This blog is public and feedback is more than welcome. But if I sense a banal comment with dirty intentions I'll delete it immediately. What I write is a sensitive and real matter.

If you want to know more about my mind & soul visit my gallery:
Si quieres saber más sobre mi mente y alma visita visita mi galería:


_________________________


Soledad y mi Bipolaridad
“Mi alma es un amigo que me consuela cuando la congoja de los días es intensa y cuando las desgracias de la vida me atacan. Aquel que no es amigo de su propia alma es enemigo del prójimo, y quien no encuentra en si mismo el consuelo, muere desesperado, porque la vida brota de lo más profundo del ser y no del ambiente.” (Gibrán)
Ayer se fue a su pueblo la que fue la asistente de mi difunta madre. Me he quedado totalmente solo en la casa. Afortunadamente disfruto de mi compañía. De hecho tengo el problema de que me cuesta convivir con la gente por largos períodos de tiempo. A veces sólo puedo algunas horas y me entra la urgencia de regresar a mi soledad, a mi colorida celda donde, contradictoriamente, encuentro mayor libertad. Obviamente hay excepciones. Cuando uno coincide con un gran conversador el tiempo muta a otra dimensión. Si además de ser un gran conversador, es una mujer que me atrae físicamente, el tiempo desaparece. No existe. Pero eso sólo me ocurre ocasionalmente. Pero está bien que no pase a menudo porque cuando pasa es tan sublime. Sin embargo, tengo el profundo anhelo de encontrar esa compañera conversadora que alborote cada partícula de mi alma y célula de mi cuerpo. A lo mejor un día de estos…
Las personas que tenemos la condición bipolar se nos sugiere socializar y la razón es clara: en mi opinión, el ensimismamiento es algo muy peligroso. Sobra decirlo si estás en una crisis depresiva o de manía. Los riesgos de cometer un acto irreparable crecen exponencialmente.  Yo tomé eso muy en serio y asistía al gimnasio, a nadar y a un grupo de Yoga. Además de mejorar mi condición física, uno produce endorfinas naturales (la droga del bienestar) y uno conoce gente interesante. Dejas de ser el protagonista de tu vida o drama, para ser un actor más de algo mucho más grande.  En estos momentos no tengo los recursos para llevar esa rutina que tenía. Mas sin embargo  HOY (mañana quién sabe) me siento bien, no me siento el centro del universo, ni me encuentro abrumado por los problemas que faltan por resolver (aunque en estos momentos que estoy acabando de corregir el texto los problemas están apareciendo). Lo único que me causa incomodidad en este momento es salir y dejar la casa sola, pues me da algo de paranoia con el “gentleman” de la casa; de que vaya a hacer algo (para los que no están al corriente, tengo líos legales con la casa en la que vivo).  Así que me encuentro en un pequeño dilema, ya que logré vender algunas cosas (mi casa se está quedando vacía), ahora tengo algo de dinero para pagar una mensualidad en la piscina pública y creo que debo ir, me hace mucho bien. Pero admito que me da miedo dejar la casa sola. Así están las cosas hoy…
PD. Yo soy de los que piensa que hay trastornos mentales que los sufren sociedades enteras por razones históricas, culturales, socioeconómicas, etc. Y yo siento que los latinoamericanos sufrimos mucho de una patología que se le denomina “pasivo-agresivo”. Por ejemplo,  ser pobre y latinoamericano es sinónimo de ser humilde; es un silogismo falso. La humildad no tiene nada que ver con la pobreza. Hay tanto resentimiento, envidia y evasión a enfrentar ciertas situaciones que se toma una estrategia de venganza, de boicoteo en la oscuridad, con una actitud mezquina y soberbia, en vez de ser cortésmente asertivos y comunicar lo que se siente o piensa. Yo no menciono los nombres de las personas alrededor de mi vida por respeto a su privacidad y porque este blog tiene como objetivos principales compartir mis experiencias, mi historia, mi presente dentro de mi condición bipolar y, también, como terapia, como una catarsis personal dirigida especialmente a mis pares, pero abierto a cualquiera que le interese el tema de la salud mental y la bipolaridad. Esto lo menciono para que si algún familiar, una amistad se siente particularmente aludido me lo exprese directamente, asertivamente, para poder conversar el asunto de forma civilizada para evitar actitudes pasivas-agresivas. Este blog es público y la retroalimentación es más que bienvenida. Pero si percibo un comentario de mala leche y banal lo borraré inmediatamente. Lo que escribo es un asunto delicado y real.


If you want to know more about my mind & soul visit my gallery:
Si quieres saber más sobre mi mente y alma visita visita mi galería:

No comments:

Post a Comment